Topics

Which ASCOM version

cargostick@...

Just ordered my 1100 GTO.  I know there was at some point a problem with the newest version of ASCOM with the AP drivers or software.  Could some one clear up if it is fixed.  I am prepping for my mounts arrival, should I use the latest version of ASCOM or keep it rolled back to a previous version.  Apparently my search skills are weak because I can't seem to find the conversation that was going on about it a few weeks back.  Is there also a list of the current software versions to use or should I just go to each individual section on the AP website?  Thanks!

Roger

Ray Gralak

Hi Roger,

The latest ASCOM platform from the ASCOM website is okay to use with AP Software..

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-ug.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-ug.groups.io] On Behalf Of cargostick@gmail.com
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 11:20 AM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Subject: [ap-ug] Which ASCOM version

Just ordered my 1100 GTO. I know there was at some point a problem with the newest version of ASCOM with
the AP drivers or software. Could some one clear up if it is fixed. I am prepping for my mounts arrival, should I
use the latest version of ASCOM or keep it rolled back to a previous version. Apparently my search skills are weak
because I can't seem to find the conversation that was going on about it a few weeks back. Is there also a list of
the current software versions to use or should I just go to each individual section on the AP website? Thanks!

Roger

cargostick@...

Thanks!

liam@...

I would add that if you are looking for the most up to date software for operating AP equipment, the Software Updates page on our website contains all of our software in one easy to find place. There are some helper programs there, drivers that you may need, and firmware updates for mounts and keypads, and more. We keep it updated with all of the latest things you may need.

https://www.astro-physics.com/software-updates/

Liam Plybon

Astro-Physics

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> On Behalf Of cargostick@...
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Which ASCOM version

Thanks!

Ted Mickle

Liam,

This is what the link you provided shows:

"Keypad V5.xxx Software Download (can only use with GTOCP4 and GTOCP5)

12-04-20. This software is only available for owners of Mach2GTO mounts at this time. It will be more widely available in late December 2020 or January 2021."

The Version 5.xxx keypad is still unavailable for users of the CP4 and non-Mack2GTO mounts - when do you anticipate it will be available for the remainder of CP4 users?

Thanks,

Ted

On 22/Feb, 2021, at 10:15, liam@... wrote:

I would add that if you are looking for the most up to date software for operating AP equipment, the Software Updates page on our website contains all of our software in one easy to find place. There are some helper programs there, drivers that you may need, and firmware updates for mounts and keypads, and more. We keep it updated with all of the latest things you may need.

Liam Plybon
Astro-Physics 

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> On Behalf Of cargostick@...
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 4:16 PM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Which ASCOM version

Thanks! 

liam@...

Howdy,

Right now, I can't put an exact date on the release of V5 for the CP4 userbase. Development is working hard on numerous projects at the moment, and I guarantee that the CP4 users have not been forgotten. We would rather release late than early, and err on the side of caution when making a new system; especially one this complex. The V5 beta is still under way, and we want to make sure that beta testers have had ample time to use every feature (and find every bug!) possible. This winter has made bug testing particularly difficult, as some of our testers have been clouded out since the start of testing, or frozen to the bone. As things thaw out and clear skies return, I look forward to releasing the best product we can. 

Thanks,
Liam Plybon

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Ted Mickle via groups.io <tedmickle@...>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 10:49 AM

Liam,

12-04-20. This software is only available for owners of Mach2GTO mounts at this time. It will be more widely available in late December 2020 or January 2021."

The Version 5.xxx keypad is still unavailable for users of the CP4 and non-Mack2GTO mounts - when do you anticipate it will be available for the remainder of CP4 users?

Thanks,

Ted

Liam Plybon
Astro-Physics 

Thanks! 

Ted Mickle

Thanks!

Ted

On Feb 22, 2021, at 12:01, liam@... wrote:

Howdy,

Right now, I can't put an exact date on the release of V5 for the CP4 userbase. Development is working hard on numerous projects at the moment, and I guarantee that the CP4 users have not been forgotten. We would rather release late than early, and err on the side of caution when making a new system; especially one this complex. The V5 beta is still under way, and we want to make sure that beta testers have had ample time to use every feature (and find every bug!) possible. This winter has made bug testing particularly difficult, as some of our testers have been clouded out since the start of testing, or frozen to the bone. As things thaw out and clear skies return, I look forward to releasing the best product we can. 

Thanks,
Liam Plybon

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Ted Mickle via groups.io <tedmickle@...>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 10:49 AM

Liam,

Thanks,

Ted

Liam Plybon
Astro-Physics 

Thanks!