We want your Astro and AP Equipment Images


 

Hi Astro-Nuts,

We are wrapping up the next AP tutorial and are requesting your images for inclusion


We are looking for your images in one or both of these categories:

1. Your best astro images shot with AP equipment (mount or telescope). Any target, any time

2. A beauty shot of your observing/imaging setup (doesn't have to be 100% AP equipment, but AP should be prominent in your picture)



Please PM me with your pics, astrobin link, portfolio link etc. that would be great

If we use your image, you will of course get full credit and Roland will even record your outgoing voicemail message! 

(Disclaimer: Roland will not actually record outgoing message)

Thanks for the images some of you already submitted from our prior request



Ross Elkins
 

Hey Brian,
I can send you a wonderful picture of me standing in front of my 155 and the Stowaway balanced on my head😇

Ross


 

Yes Ross, that would be a treat :)



On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 5:47 PM Ross Elkins <rossmon1@...> wrote:
Hey Brian,
I can send you a wonderful picture of me standing in front of my 155 and the Stowaway balanced on my head😇

Ross








Chris Cook
 


Erik Pylyser
 

Hi,

Although I'm not active on this group, I'm following the discussions up to a certain level...

Hereby an image of my setup of a few months ago, before I sold my AP1600 to a private public observatory. It features the AP1600, an AP155 EDFS from 1997, a C9.25 also from last century, an FSQ106III and a WO72. I also had a C14Edge, which occasionally was on top of the AP1600 - I sold it also with the AP1600.

I'm located in the South of France.

Erik.


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com


Howard Ritter
 

I believe you have just won the Blue Ribbon in the category of Equipment Porn, Erik. Congratulations!

Selling all of that should have netted you enough to be able to retire to the South of Fr– …oh, wait…

–howard

On Oct 6, 2022, at 01:24, Erik Pylyser <epylyser@...> wrote:

Hi,

Although I'm not active on this group, I'm following the discussions up to a certain level...

Hereby an image of my setup of a few months ago, before I sold my AP1600 to a private public observatory. It features the AP1600, an AP155 EDFS from 1997, a C9.25 also from last century, an FSQ106III and a WO72. I also had a C14Edge, which occasionally was on top of the AP1600 - I sold it also with the AP1600.

I'm located in the South of France.

Erik.


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com





Steve Lantz
 

Hi Brian,

I wasn't sure of your Facebook page, so I'm sending submissions as per your request.

The images here were taken with a 5 inch APO AstroPhysics refractor made by Roland and purchased by me in the 1980's.

image.png
Above:  Photograph on Tech Pan 2415 film of a sunspot group taken on March 7, 1989.  More details are provided on Astrobin at https://www.astrobin.com/396727/?nc=&nce= but the history of this group is notable because it emitted a flare that knocked out the power grid in Quebec for something like 9 hours!

image.png

Above:  Sunspots 2835 and 2836 7-02-2021 at 12h 25m MDT.  Details on Astrobin at https://www.astrobin.com/ttnawn/

The files are attached.

Thanks,

Steve Lantz

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 2:41 PM Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:
Hi Astro-Nuts,

We are wrapping up the next AP tutorial and are requesting your images for inclusion


We are looking for your images in one or both of these categories:

1. Your best astro images shot with AP equipment (mount or telescope). Any target, any time

2. A beauty shot of your observing/imaging setup (doesn't have to be 100% AP equipment, but AP should be prominent in your picture)



Please PM me with your pics, astrobin link, portfolio link etc. that would be great

If we use your image, you will of course get full credit and Roland will even record your outgoing voicemail message! 

(Disclaimer: Roland will not actually record outgoing message)

Thanks for the images some of you already submitted from our prior request



appleman07
 

Excellent picture story of the observatory construction.
Burton

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Chris Cook <chris@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 1:38 PM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] We want your Astro and AP Equipment Images
 
Brian,
1992 A-P 130 f/8 EDT, 92mm f/6.62 Stowaway, 900QMD

http://www.abmedia.com/astro/articles/observatory.html

http://www.abmedia.com/astro/articles/130EDT.html

http://www.abmedia.com/astro/articles/AP92.html

If you need higher res let me know.
Chris


steven ho
 

A few images from steve hoffman


Roland Christen
 

HolyMoly that's a smokin' hot setup!

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Pylyser <epylyser@...>
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Oct 6, 2022 12:24 am
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] We want your Astro and AP Equipment Images

Hi,

Although I'm not active on this group, I'm following the discussions up
to a certain level...

Hereby an image of my setup of a few months ago, before I sold my AP1600
to a private public observatory. It features the AP1600, an AP155 EDFS
from 1997, a C9.25 also from last century, an FSQ106III and a WO72. I
also had a C14Edge, which occasionally was on top of the AP1600 - I sold
it also with the AP1600.

I'm located in the South of France.

Erik.


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com






Chris Cook
 

Thanks Burton.
The observatory has been money well spent.  It has protected my A-P equipment through blizzards, nor'easters and even a EF-0 tornado.
 
Chris


 

----- Original Message -----
From: appleman07 <appleman07@...>
Sent: 10/6/2022 10:16:12 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] We want your Astro and AP Equipment Images

Excellent picture story of the observatory construction.
Burton

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Chris Cook <chris@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 1:38 PM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] We want your Astro and AP Equipment Images
 


Brian McFarland
 

Brand new 1600 on the left, ancient problem child 1200DA on the right.


Brian McFarland
 

Hmm.. upload didn't work. Trying again


Brian McFarland
 

I give up


Brian McFarland
 

Sorry for the triple post everyone - operator error/ short between the headset.


Erik Pylyser
 

Thanks Rolando & Howard... ;-)...

I was rather happy/'proud' of this set-up... most of it is actually second hand... it was completely versatile, in the sense that the left and right part of the set-up could simply be interchanged (or taken off) without having to change the position of the plates for a new balance.

It needed an 'operational' owner (me) to use it, though... Two burn-outs more than a decade ago have strongly limited my capacities to be active in the evening/night, and this 'holymoly blue ribbon' setup was gathering dust instead of being used as it deserves. Hence, the sale. It should be used more regularly pretty soon and that makes more sense to me. It obviously was not what I expected/hoped for when I bought all this equipment, before moving to the South of France, but that's how it turned out in reality.

In the meantime, I've fallen back to my old NEQ6 (quite a downsizing, right?... ;-)...) and still hope to use the AP155 especially, from time to time.

Erik.

On 06-Oct-22 18:18, Roland Christen via groups.io wrote:
HolyMoly that's a smokin' hot setup!

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Pylyser <epylyser@...>
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Oct 6, 2022 12:24 am
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] We want your Astro and AP Equipment Images

Hi,

Although I'm not active on this group, I'm following the discussions up
to a certain level...

Hereby an image of my setup of a few months ago, before I sold my AP1600
to a private public observatory. It features the AP1600, an AP155 EDFS
from 1997, a C9.25 also from last century, an FSQ106III and a WO72. I
also had a C14Edge, which occasionally was on top of the AP1600 - I sold
it also with the AP1600.

I'm located in the South of France.

Erik.


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.






Virus-free.www.avast.com