Upcoming Big Iron Meeting: papers anyone?

Richard Crisp

Seems like Roland could do a nice survey paper on his designs he’s made over the years and discuss the pros and cons of each. If some insight can be made regarding design to anticipated target glass that one realistically can expect to have available, I believe the paper would be even more valuable.

Of course there are all sorts of topics upon which one could publish a paper, in case anyone is interested. I just suggested one that might motivate me to traipse all the way to Canada to hear a cool paper…

https://spie.org/conferences-and-exhibitions/astronomical-telescopes-and-instrumentation

Roland Christen

We attended one such conference, but there was really no interest in any papers from amateur astronomers. These are guys who operate very large telescopes at various observatories around the world and have no interest in small amateur scopes, especially little refractors.