Topics

Two videos for your Easter weekend

Harley Davidson

Happy Easter guys!

I just uploaded two [2] videos:

Astro-Physics Equatorial Mounts and PARK POSITIONS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_IMjxZoi98

Astro-Physics Starfire 175EDF on a Mach2 Mount
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7XA9m4_CgA

ALSO - very strangely enough my Mach2 power supply went dead as I was doing this video yesterday. A call to Daleen got Liam for me who took care of it. Working faster than the speed of light they got a new power supply out to me next day (today)! That is 110% customer service!

tony

Holger

Nice and informative videos, Tony!

I got a question regarding the 175EDF on Mach2: Your experience: Too shaky to be practical. I think you have once reported using that 175EDF on the Mach1, and that time you found it tolerable. Would you conclude that the Mach1 was actually stronger than the Mach2, or is it rather that you are meanwhile spoiled by the stability of your 1100 mount?

Cheers,
HolgerĀ

Harley Davidson

Holger

Yes, you hit the nail on the head. The Mach1 isn't stronger than the Mach2 it's just that the 175 is better on bigger mounts. I can use the 175 on the Mach2 but now that I have the 1600 it is the best solution.

I sold my 1100 when I got the Mach2. The 1100 worked great with the 175.

tony