Tonight ISS Pass over my area

Ray

Hello everyone, Im wating patiently for my Stowaway to be ready. In the meantime I took the opportunity to use my Celestron C8 SCT and a ZWO ASI290MM camera to image the International Space Station that passed over my area tonight around 7:12Pm.  I want to share with the group the resulting image. Hope the group likes it.

Regards
Ray

Stuart

Nicely done!

Stuart 

On Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 10:56 PM Ray <rnspeed@...> wrote:
Hello everyone, Im wating patiently for my Stowaway to be ready. In the meantime I took the opportunity to use my Celestron C8 SCT and a ZWO ASI290MM camera to image the International Space Station that passed over my area tonight around 7:12Pm.  I want to share with the group the resulting image. Hope the group likes it.

Regards
Ray

Konstantin von Poschinger

Hi Ray,

nice image! Did you guide the ISS? If yes did you use horizon?

Grüsse

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 10.10.2021 um 04:56 schrieb Ray <rnspeed@...>:

Regards
Ray

Pete Lardizabal

Great catch Ray!

Such a fun and challenging subject to image. 

😎

Pete

On Oct 9, 2021, at 10:56 PM, Ray <rnspeed@...> wrote:

Regards
Ray

Ray

Thank you.  I tracked it by manually moving the mount while trying to keep the ISS centered on the guidescope.

thefamily90 Phillips

Now that is so cool! Great work!!

Jim

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Ray <rnspeed@...>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2021 9:07:20 AM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Tonight ISS Pass over my area

Thank you.  I tracked it by manually moving the mount while trying to keep the ISS centered on the guidescope.

--
Jim Phillips

Ray

Here's another one, For this one I stacked 30 frames (images) like I do for  planets in Autostakkert.

thefamily90 Phillips

How do you put 30 individual frames in Autost ? I am usually putting an AVI with 10,000 frames and stacking 40% but I have never stacked individual frames. 

JimP

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Ray <rnspeed@...>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2021 9:34:26 AM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Tonight ISS Pass over my area

Here's another one, For this one I stacked 30 frames (images) like I do for  planets in Autostakkert.

--
Jim Phillips

Christopher M

Nice job!

Ray

30 Frames because the way the ISS is moving its very hard to keep it centralized on the finderscope. Before Autostakkert I process and centralize the frames with the ISS and discard the empty frames with PIPP (Planetary Image Pre-processor.

Here's an animated gif I made using 94 of the best frames.