The Outer Limits Galaxy NGC 891 and the Abell 347 Galaxy Cluster

Richard Hennig

With the recent new moon and some nice clear skies, I took an image of NGC 891, the outer limit galaxy, with the Stowaway 92. I framed it to include some of the galaxies of the Abell 347 cluster. I am impressed how many galaxies showed up in the image with only 92mm of aperture. This was taken from my backyard in about Bortle 5. It is a combination of 132 exposures of 3 min each. I am attaching the annotated version too, which identifies the NGC (red) and PGC (red) galaxies.

Clear skies,
Richard

On Oct 16, 2021, at 12:33 PM, Richard Hennig via groups.io <richardghennig@...> wrote:

Really impressive. The detail is outstanding. Congratulations Ignacio!

On Oct 15, 2021, at 10:27 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

With his 168mm refractor that I made from some one-off glass I had on hand. Maybe I should make some more of them?

Anyway, congratulations Ignacio. You are making good use of that scope.

Astro-Physics

Stuart

VERY cool shot Richard!