From: skester@...
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jan 8, 2022 10:55 am
Subject: [ap-ug] The Crab Nebula in SHO

I took advantage of the cold, clear and stable skies last night to try my first Hubble pallet image with M1 as the target.  The seeing was much better than expected, and guiding with the 1100GTO was exceptional at 0.3 arcsec for the entire run.  M1 was only visible for just over 2 hours due to the trees, but at F4 it seems to have been just enough.  Shot with my Quattro 300P/ASI2600MM, thanks for looking.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/3lz1rg/0/

Stuart

That is a great shot!!!

Stuart

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 11:55 AM <skester@...> wrote:
I took advantage of the cold, clear and stable skies last night to try my first Hubble pallet image with M1 as the target.  The seeing was much better than expected, and guiding with the 1100GTO was exceptional at 0.3 arcsec for the entire run.  M1 was only visible for just over 2 hours due to the trees, but at F4 it seems to have been just enough.  Shot with my Quattro 300P/ASI2600MM, thanks for looking.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/3lz1rg/0/

Eric Weiner

We’ll done!

Pete Lardizabal

Marvelous image Scott!

On Jan 8, 2022, at 11:55 AM, skester@... wrote:

I took advantage of the cold, clear and stable skies last night to try my first Hubble pallet image with M1 as the target.  The seeing was much better than expected, and guiding with the 1100GTO was exceptional at 0.3 arcsec for the entire run.  M1 was only visible for just over 2 hours due to the trees, but at F4 it seems to have been just enough.  Shot with my Quattro 300P/ASI2600MM, thanks for looking.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/3lz1rg/0/

Ross Elkins

That’s a beautiful image! Great detail, for sure...

Ross Elkins

skester@...

Thanks all for the positive feedback!