Topics

Stowaway Backfocus.

M Hambrick

What is the reference point for the 6" backfocus specification on the Stowaway ? I assume that the distance is from the back surface of the Doveloc adapter, but I just wanted to be sure.

Correction - I had another mental lapse. Rather than the back face of the Doveloc adapter, I meant to ask if the back of the focuser barrel is the reference point. I assume that this is the case, but just looking for verification.

Mike

Terri Zittritsch

Mike, thanks for pointer on pointy screws.    A couple of passes with a fine file took the points down and they now seat/lock much more positively.    I wasn't seeing any gap at the flange, but was getting  dimpling in the dovetail groove.

Terri