Reprocessing the Bubble and the Pelican Nebulas

Alex

The Pelican and the Bubble nebulas were some of the first targets I imaged when I got my new camera last year.  Excited to image lots of stuff, I didn't get enough integration time on them to do them justice.  That and the fact I've learned some new tricks led me back to grab some more subs for each.

For the Pelican, I ended up netting about 2 1/2 times what I had last year after weeding out some of the subpar subs from last year.

https://www.astrobin.com/a6ha02/B/

For the Bubble, I grabbed a bunch of new subs and weeded out a fair bit of crappy data from last year, so my total integration time only added about 1 1/2 hours to each of the SHO net.

https://www.astrobin.com/fspqnb/B/

Between the extra data and better processing techniques and new tools (NoiseXTerminator, StarXTerminator, new normalization stuff in PI), I feel these new images are a significant improvement.

Alex

Stuart

Alex, both are superb! I really like the new Pelican!

On Fri, 23 Sept 2022 at 21:02, Alex <groups@...> wrote:
[...]

Pete Lardizabal

Wonderful works Alex!

On Sep 23, 2022, at 9:02 PM, Alex <groups@...> wrote:

[...]

ROBERT WYNNE

The first appears very much like my kitchen counter tops - Labradorite. Great shots both of them. -Best, Robert

On 09/23/2022 6:02 PM Alex <groups@...> wrote:

[...]

Roland Christen

They are both very impressive.

[...]

Ross Elkins

Alex,
Very Nice, Beautiful Bubble, looks just like my granddaughter made one out of her lil soap bottle!