Question on comparing APPM Model 5x pointing data

dca072012@...

Hi,

I had question regarding comparing the data from APPM model 5x verification runs.

I recently set up an imaging system with an 1100GTO mount...and I've been developing a pointing/tracking model using APPM.
Last night I did a "Model 5x" run.   I've been loading the data from each of the runs into APCC Pro, and manually comparing the data between the 5 runs.
Is there a tool or method to analyze the 5 verification runs which displays the data for a given point side-by-side...or (even better) which computes/visualizes the spread of values for a given point?

Thanks
Dave

Ray Gralak

Hi Dave,

Is there a tool or method to analyze the 5 verification runs which displays the data for a given point side-by-
side...or (even better) which computes/visualizes the spread of values for a given point?
There is nothing publicly available, but Howard at A-P and I have applications/spreadsheets to analyze the data in the five PNT files. If you want, you can provide your logs and PNT files to one of us for analysis. The best way to this is to email a zip file created with the APCC log zipper application in APCC's Tools menu. In the log zipper utility, you should deselect the APCC and ASCOM log check boxes, but select the options for APPM Logs and PNT files. Also, you may need to set the number of previous days high enough to include the files.

-Ray