Pleiades (I mean 796 Sarita)

Shawn Quinn

Occasional imaging opportunities are starting to reappear in Central Florida after a lengthy cloudy summer.  Last night I traveled to my nearest local dark sky site and imaged a number of winter deep sky objects including Pleiades.  I was able to acquire 20 three minute frames in between some pesky clouds with the Stowaway (& Telecompressor) and the Mach2GTO.  To my delight, I 'discovered' Minor Planet 796 passing near Pleinoe after processing the approximately 60 minutes of data.

https://astrob.in/o9zh6q/0/

Shawn

Stuart

Beautiful shot Shawn!!!

Stuart

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:29 PM Shawn Quinn <quinnfamily@...> wrote:
Occasional imaging opportunities are starting to reappear in Central Florida after a lengthy cloudy summer.  Last night I traveled to my nearest local dark sky site and imaged a number of winter deep sky objects including Pleiades.  I was able to acquire 20 three minute frames in between some pesky clouds with the Stowaway (& Telecompressor) and the Mach2GTO.  To my delight, I 'discovered' Minor Planet 796 passing near Pleinoe after processing the approximately 60 minutes of data.

https://astrob.in/o9zh6q/0/

Shawn

Pete Lardizabal

Great catch Shawn!

👍🏻😎

Pete

On Oct 11, 2021, at 10:29 PM, Shawn Quinn <quinnfamily@...> wrote:

Occasional imaging opportunities are starting to reappear in Central Florida after a lengthy cloudy summer.  Last night I traveled to my nearest local dark sky site and imaged a number of winter deep sky objects including Pleiades.  I was able to acquire 20 three minute frames in between some pesky clouds with the Stowaway (& Telecompressor) and the Mach2GTO.  To my delight, I 'discovered' Minor Planet 796 passing near Pleinoe after processing the approximately 60 minutes of data.

https://astrob.in/o9zh6q/0/

Shawn

Roland Christen

That is excellent!
How did you guide your setup?

Occasional imaging opportunities are starting to reappear in Central Florida after a lengthy cloudy summer.  Last night I traveled to my nearest local dark sky site and imaged a number of winter deep sky objects including Pleiades.  I was able to acquire 20 three minute frames in between some pesky clouds with the Stowaway (& Telecompressor) and the Mach2GTO.  To my delight, I 'discovered' Minor Planet 796 passing near Pleinoe after processing the approximately 60 minutes of data.

https://astrob.in/o9zh6q/0/

Shawn

Karen Christen

That’s gorgeous, Shawn!  Well done!