NGC 6995 in Cygnus

Steve Nightingale

Hello!

Well it's been a long time since I've been able to image...but I was able to get out last night to shoot an old favorite. 160EDF with 160TCC; Nikon D53oo APS-C sensor. No cropping to show field of view with this combo.

4 hours of 2 minute subs, stacked in DSS and fussed with in Photoshop.

Constructive criticism welcome (I get enough regular criticism around here).  ;>)

https://ap-ug.groups.io/g/main/photo/249705/3301022?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

Steve

Pete Lardizabal

Beautiful image Steve!

Only criticism is that it has too many stars… not unlike Mozart’s use of notes.

😆😆😆

Pete

On Sep 11, 2021, at 6:08 PM, Steve Nightingale <slnightingale@...> wrote:

Hello!

Well it's been a long time since I've been able to image...but I was able to get out last night to shoot an old favorite. 160EDF with 160TCC; Nikon D53oo APS-C sensor. No cropping to show field of view with this combo.

4 hours of 2 minute subs, stacked in DSS and fussed with in Photoshop.

Constructive criticism welcome (I get enough regular criticism around here).  ;>)

https://ap-ug.groups.io/g/main/photo/249705/3301022?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

Steve
<9-11-21-6995-procb-small-Autosave.jpg>

Chris Cook

Very pleasing colors.  Well done Steve.

Well it's been a long time since I've been able to image...but I was able to get out last night to shoot an old favorite. 160EDF with 160TCC; Nikon D53oo APS-C sensor. No cropping to show field of view with this combo.

4 hours of 2 minute subs, stacked in DSS and fussed with in Photoshop.

Constructive criticism welcome (I get enough regular criticism around here).  ;>)

https://ap-ug.groups.io/g/main/photo/249705/3301022?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

Steve

ROBERT WYNNE

This is what happens when you compose a virtuouso contrapunctal compostion for more than one instrument. You end up kicking the bucket in the middle of arguably one of your last best compositions and no one left with the genius to complete it. -Best, Robert

On 09/11/2021 3:32 PM Pete Lardizabal <p14@...> wrote:

Beautiful image Steve!

Only criticism is that it has too many stars… not unlike Mozart’s use of notes.

😆😆😆

Pete

On Sep 11, 2021, at 6:08 PM, Steve Nightingale <slnightingale@...> wrote:

Hello!

Well it's been a long time since I've been able to image...but I was able to get out last night to shoot an old favorite. 160EDF with 160TCC; Nikon D53oo APS-C sensor. No cropping to show field of view with this combo.

4 hours of 2 minute subs, stacked in DSS and fussed with in Photoshop.

Constructive criticism welcome (I get enough regular criticism around here).  ;>)

https://ap-ug.groups.io/g/main/photo/249705/3301022?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

Steve
<9-11-21-6995-procb-small-Autosave.jpg>

Stuart

Steve, this is a classic treatment of a classic target! Kudos! I was wondering when we'd see your next "symphony"!

On Sat, 11 Sept 2021 at 18:08, Steve Nightingale <slnightingale@...> wrote:
Hello!

Well it's been a long time since I've been able to image...but I was able to get out last night to shoot an old favorite. 160EDF with 160TCC; Nikon D53oo APS-C sensor. No cropping to show field of view with this combo.

4 hours of 2 minute subs, stacked in DSS and fussed with in Photoshop.

Constructive criticism welcome (I get enough regular criticism around here).  ;>)

https://ap-ug.groups.io/g/main/photo/249705/3301022?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

Steve

Steve Nightingale

Thanks guys,

May go for 6960 tonight (the western side of the Veil).

Or maybe not. Tired!

;>)

Steve

marco mucci

That’s very beautiful! Compliments!
--
MARCO MUCCI
ITALY

Steve Nightingale

Edited

Thanks to all,

Anyone remember black and white "Astro Murals"? I had one of NGC 6995 (next to my Raquel Welch "One Million Year B.C." poster).

Just looked at the ad for them in an October 1967 Sky and T.

They printed the nebula mirror reversed? Here's the ad....        .

Steve

Stuart

Steve, every part of that story is hilarious!!

On Sun, 12 Sept 2021 at 12:35, Steve Nightingale <slnightingale@...> wrote:
Thanks to all,

Anyone remember black and white "Astro Murals"? I had one of NGC 6995 (next to my Raquel Welch "One Million Year B.C." poster).

Just looked at the ad for them in an October 1967 Sky and T.

They printed the nebula backwards! Here's the ad....        .

Steve

skester@...

Really nice job on this Steve, just beautiful.

ROBERT WYNNE

Where's the one of Raquel Welch? -Best, Robert

On 09/12/2021 9:35 AM Steve Nightingale <slnightingale@...> wrote:

Thanks to all,

Anyone remember black and white "Astro Murals"? I had one of NGC 6995 (next to my Raquel Welch "One Million Year B.C." poster).

Just looked at the ad for them in an October 1967 Sky and T.

They printed the nebula backwards! Here's the ad....        .

Steve

Steve Nightingale

Attention moderators: Robert made me do it!

;>)

Steve

;>)

ROBERT WYNNE

Thank-you for the eye relief. -Best, Robert

On 09/12/2021 1:45 PM Steve Nightingale <slnightingale@...> wrote:

[...]

Ross Elkins

Ok Steve and all stargazers, here's the real deal! Aliens from a small sol sized star in the little known spiral galaxy PGC 2119063...
On a mission to share technology and more to other humanoid life forms. Watch the movie to learn the secret handshake!
I can say no more, but you won't need a telescope mount anymore!

Chris Cook

They can look through my telescope tubes anytime... lol!!!