NGC 6960

Steve Nightingale

Hi Folks,

Had another session last night, went for "the other side" of the Veil, NGC 6960.

Conditions were very poor (haze/fog); I could barely make out Cassiopeia. But I figured I'd at least get some sense of framing for a better night.

AP160 w/160TCC; Nikon D5300 APS-C sensor. 3h 33m exposure.

Not bad considering but I'll tweak framing for next session.

https://ap-ug.groups.io/g/main/photo/249705/3301574?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

Steve

Stuart

Steve, this looks great! I agree, tweak the framing on the next good night. Also, I at least am okay with you posting larger versions. At least to the Photos section (vs. attached to the email).

For me, the big challenge with The Veil is always how hard the stars try to compete for attention. It is a very rich field. So stretching to avoid bloating them is important. I am not a huge fan of star minimization tricks tho.

On Sun, 12 Sept 2021 at 12:47, Steve Nightingale <slnightingale@...> wrote:
Hi Folks,

Had another session last night, went for "the other side" of the Veil, NGC 6960.

Conditions were very poor (haze/fog); I could barely make out Cassiopeia. But I figured I'd at least get some sense of framing for a better night.

AP160 w/160TCC; Nikon D5300 APS-C sensor. 3h 33m exposure.

Not bad considering but I'll tweak framing for next session.

https://ap-ug.groups.io/g/main/photo/249705/3301574?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

Steve

Steve Nightingale

Stuart,

There's a link to the photo section in my post (I think).

Steve

Stuart

There was Steve but the file seemed quite small.