NGC 4565

skester@...

I purchased my new 1100GTO to allow me to run a larger, faster scope and still have the weight of the mount be manageable since I travel to image.  I have since acquired a 12" F4 newtonian and shot NGC 4565 as the first light last night.  20 minutes each RGB and 1 hour of luminance with a ASI1600MM-Pro.

Stuart

Nice 1st light!!! Classic treatment!

On Mon, 3 May 2021 at 10:59, <skester@...> wrote:
I purchased my new 1100GTO to allow me to run a larger, faster scope and still have the weight of the mount be manageable since I travel to image.  I have since acquired a 12" F4 newtonian and shot NGC 4565 as the first light last night.  20 minutes each RGB and 1 hour of luminance with a ASI1600MM-Pro.

Ross Elkins

Beautiful Galaxy, the classic edge on with the central bulge pretty sharp!
I can imagine floating in space seeing that thru binoculars like that🤠

Ross

skester@...

Thanks guys for the kind remarks.  After posting the image that was processed on my desktop, I viewed it with my laptop and saw some rather nasty noise in the background that my monitor was clipping so I didn't see it initially.  I took a pass at removing the noise and got what I think is a bit better result.  I also adjusted the calibration on my monitor so I can see what I'm doing the next time.

thefamily90 Phillips

Beautiful!!

JimP 

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of skester@... <skester@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 9:55:00 AM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] NGC 4565

Thanks guys for the kind remarks.  After posting the image that was processed on my desktop, I viewed it with my laptop and saw some rather nasty noise in the background that my monitor was clipping so I didn't see it initially.  I took a pass at removing the noise and got what I think is a bit better result.  I also adjusted the calibration on my monitor so I can see what I'm doing the next time.

--
Jim Phillips

Peter Bresler

A group of us decided to do that target this month. This my shot taken with a Planewace 12.5 and the AP1200.

Stuart

Peter, VERY nice! A tad yellowy on my screen but super detail!

On Thu, 6 May 2021 at 12:13, Peter Bresler via groups.io <PABresler=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
A group of us decided to do that target this month. This my shot taken with a Planewace 12.5 and the AP1200.

Pete Lardizabal

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

😎

Pete

On May 6, 2021, at 12:13 PM, Peter Bresler via groups.io <PABresler@...> wrote:

<NGC 4565 PW SBIG 5_4_2021.jpg>

Roland Christen

Ah, the celestial Frisbee. Very nice.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Sent: Thu, May 6, 2021 11:13 am
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] NGC 4565