NGC6946 - The Fireworks Galaxy 3.3 hours OSC

John Jennings

The Fireworks GX was difficult to process and get some balance between the stars and the galaxy. I do like a nice starfield though. But it's reputation makes it a must image.  At 11.5' and Mag 9 its still pretty big and bright for the 155.    AP155, Mach1, QHY168C.

https://astrob.in/zkhndb/0/

John

Stuart

ANOTHER! super shot John! In this one, mine came out way ruddier vs the vibrant blues you have. Yours compares favourably to Rob Gendler's APOD!

On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:36, John Jennings <johnrogerjennings@...> wrote:
The Fireworks GX was difficult to process and get some balance between the stars and the galaxy. I do like a nice starfield though. But it's reputation makes it a must image.  At 11.5' and Mag 9 its still pretty big and bright for the 155.    AP155, Mach1, QHY168C.

https://astrob.in/zkhndb/0/

John

Karen Christen

Well that’s just plain pretty, John.  You’re really killing these!

Karen

AP

The Fireworks GX was difficult to process and get some balance between the stars and the galaxy. I do like a nice starfield though. But it's reputation makes it a must image.  At 11.5' and Mag 9 its still pretty big and bright for the 155.    AP155, Mach1, QHY168C.

https://astrob.in/zkhndb/0/

John

John Jennings

Stewart,

The blues were difficult on this one. I think there's a lot of obscuring dust in the image overall. I went back and forth on that part.

John

John Jennings

Thank you Karen.

Ross Elkins