NGC1068 (M77) - A Seyfert 2 galaxy in Cetus (Martian Eyeball) - 2.7 hours OSC

John Jennings

It looks like the third Martian eyeball in the guy at the soda fountain from a Twilight Zone episode.  Last night was good seeing at the observatory. It's bright, but I didn't think I would get the small detail. Janis Joplin may have wished for a Mercedes Benz, but I wished for a "155"  20 years ago!

https://astrob.in/ks4upx/0/

John

Stuart

Beautiful!

On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 13:40, John Jennings <johnrogerjennings@...> wrote:
It looks like the third Martian eyeball in the guy at the soda fountain from a Twilight Zone episode.  Last night was good seeing at the observatory. It's bright, but I didn't think I would get the small detail. Janis Joplin may have wished for a Mercedes Benz, but I wished for a "155"  20 years ago!

https://astrob.in/ks4upx/0/

John

Roland Christen

No fair! I've had a week of clouds and no way to image any of these!
You're like a racehorse and I'm on a mule ;^((

It looks like the third Martian eyeball in the guy at the soda fountain from a Twilight Zone episode.  Last night was good seeing at the observatory. It's bright, but I didn't think I would get the small detail. Janis Joplin may have wished for a Mercedes Benz, but I wished for a "155"  20 years ago!

https://astrob.in/ks4upx/0/

John

John Jennings

I'm chomping at the bit!

John

Eric Weiner

Another beauty. Thanks John.

Eric

Ross Elkins

Another gorgeous shot!

Steve Nightingale

Putting that on my to-do list with my 160....very nice!

Steve

ROBERT WYNNE

Think you're both race horses but with entirely different conditions. -Best, Robert