New Image: Sh2 79 in HaRGB with the AP155

Stuart

This is almost a snapshot compared to the previous Sharpless objects I posted.

15x20min H-Alpha - a mere 5 hours!
12/6/6x10min RGB
AP155/MoravianG4/ParamountMX

With only six subs in Green and Blue it was noisier than I wished and even the h-alpha, needing to be stretched HARD, was noisy. The h-alpha version below the HaRGB has been further processed vs. what was used in the composite. So it might look a little overly smoothed.

Comments / critiques welcome and appreciated as always!

John Jennings

I like it.

skester@...

Nice one Stuart!

Ross Elkins

Another beautiful shot Stuart but I’m getting bored of all these snapshots.
I wanna go visit one of these places already while I still can in this life!

jypeng@...

Wonderful colors and details! Great image, Stuart!

Stuart

Thanks all! I'm probably going to return to recognizable targets for a bit. The Sharpless catalog is deep and frequently less than interesting. But it's still fun to try for new targets.

On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 14:20, <jypeng@...> wrote:
Wonderful colors and details! Great image, Stuart!

Chris Cook

The star colors in the RGB are super but the Ha just pops with these paint targets.

This is almost a snapshot compared to the previous Sharpless objects I posted.

15x20min H-Alpha - a mere 5 hours!
12/6/6x10min RGB
AP155/MoravianG4/ParamountMX

With only six subs in Green and Blue it was noisier than I wished and even the h-alpha, needing to be stretched HARD, was noisy. The h-alpha version below the HaRGB has been further processed vs. what was used in the composite. So it might look a little overly smoothed.

Comments / critiques welcome and appreciated as always!

Stuart

Thanks Chris! I agree, the H-Alpha really makes it work. Otherwise pretty drab (other than pretty stars).