New flattener for AP155

John Jennings

Are there any plans to replace the 67PF582 -  2.7 inch field flattener with an updated one for the AP155 f7 in the future?

John    

Roland Christen

We have a number of optics sets for 2.7" field flatteners, so no plans to change that. However, I am in the middle of test evaluation of a 155 Quad TCC which would allow the scope to operate at F5 with a full frame CMOS camera. Bad weather and clouds have hampered my testing these last 2 weeks.

Roland Christen
Astro-Physics Inc.

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Nov 18, 2021 2:56 pm
Subject: [ap-ug] New flattener for AP155

Are there any plans to replace the 67PF582 -  2.7 inch field flattener with an updated one for the AP155 f7 in the future?

John    

John Jennings

Roland,

Thanks for the update.

John

Stuart

Rolando, would this be substantially different from the 155TCC that we 4" Focuser AP155 owners have?

On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 16:30, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
We have a number of optics sets for 2.7" field flatteners, so no plans to change that. However, I am in the middle of test evaluation of a 155 Quad TCC which would allow the scope to operate at F5 with a full frame CMOS camera. Bad weather and clouds have hampered my testing these last 2 weeks.

Roland Christen
Astro-Physics Inc.

John    

Roland Christen

The 4" TCC that we used to sell with the scope works perfectly well. The problem is that it is not available any more and is probably hard to find used.

Roland

Sent: Thu, Nov 18, 2021 4:53 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] New flattener for AP155

Rolando, would this be substantially different from the 155TCC that we 4" Focuser AP155 owners have?

On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 16:30, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Roland Christen
Astro-Physics Inc.

John    

Stuart

Okay. Thanks! I’m VERY happy with my 155TCC. 

Stuart 

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 6:11 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
The 4" TCC that we used to sell with the scope works perfectly well. The problem is that it is not available any more and is probably hard to find used.

Roland

Sent: Thu, Nov 18, 2021 4:53 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] New flattener for AP155

Roland Christen
Astro-Physics Inc.

John    

Chris White

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 04:30 PM, Roland Christen wrote:

Roland Christen
Astro-Physics Inc.

Darn weather! 

Are you planning to review the QTCC for the GTX as well?