Moving APCC to new Computer

Steve Reilly

I searched for a past email addressing this and found none. I need to move APCC from an older computer to a new NUC. The challenging part is they are both across the country at SRO. I do have access to both via Remote Desktop and some of the programs have been installed such as ASCOM and Maxlm to name a few. Getting APPC’ setting copied over is a chore I need to do. I don’t have any models recorded but would like to transfer all that I can without issue. The COM ports have not been set at this point and I’ll need to work with SRO in getting the hardware connected at which time I’ll have those ports to assign. Just looking to make this as easy as possible. I’ve done this a number of times in person but not so much remoting in. I’ll likely wait for a stretch of bad weather, not heavy snow but when Sam or Evan is available to move the cables over. Both are available via Remote Desktop and I did install the programs but I’ll need to double check that they are the same versions. I have procedures for FocusMax, MaxIm, and Bob’s email on ACP and Expert. APCC from memory seems fairly simple but that was a few years ago and the 67 year old mind isn’t as fresh as it used to be.

Anything I’m missing?

-Steve

Hi Steve

if your goal is to replicate the older computer onto the new, can you just clone the disk and put into the new NUC?

I've done this plenty of times when upgrading the C: drive on the same computer, but i've also moved to a different computer as well

--
Brian

Brian Valente

George

Steve,

Also you can:

> After installing APCC on a different computer, is there an easy way to

> copy APCC and APPM settings and model to the second computer?

To copy all of the settings for APCC, APPM, and the driver, you can copy the folder c:\programdata\Astro-Physics from your old PC to the new PC.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

[...]

Appreciate the reply Brian but no, these are two entirely different systems both hardware and OS’s. While they will maintain the same file structure and directories every other aspect between these two are different.

[...]

Thanks George,

I thought I had done that back some time ago but again the old memories are getting a bit foggy. With this happening remotely I wanted to be sure. The IP address on the AP3600 will be the same but everything else I’ll need to address when the hardware is attached. I really like to do this with the equipment right in front of me rather than over 3,000 miles away…..takes some of the stress off.

-Steve