Mach 1 GTO minimum weight

lynn foxlandrider.com

Hi all,

I want to use my ASI 294 MC and my Nikon lenses to do some wide angle AP.

I have a Mach 1 GTO that I use with my RASA 8 and SW 200P. I wondered what the minimum weight might be for this mount or do I need to purchase one of the smaller light weight mounts to go with this setup.

I wouldn't think the camera and lense setup would weigh more than five or six pounds.

So, is there a minimum weight that this mount will handle? I would think the issue would be balance. Maybe take both weights off and use the shaft?  Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks

Chris White

I doubt the mount would even know it was on there even if it was saddle heavy with no weights other than the CW bar. I'm sure you would be just fine. Perfect balance is ideal, but less essential with lighter weight setups especially at shorter focal lengths and less punishing image scales.

Jeffc

You can always add a bit of weight to the top if it is "too lite".

Fwiw I've done "camera+lens" imaging with various mounts over the years.
Usually with the AP mounts I need at least the counterweight bar as the Dec axis is a bit heavy.  (Like with the AP1200).
(I don't have a Mach 1 tho.)

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 4:17 PM Chris White <chris.white@...> wrote:
I doubt the mount would even know it was on there even if it was saddle heavy with no weights other than the CW bar. I'm sure you would be just fine. Perfect balance is ideal, but less essential with lighter weight setups especially at shorter focal lengths and less punishing image scales.

Roland Christen

The mount will work  fine with no weight on it.