From: <albireo1313@...>
To: <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Sent: 6/2/2021 8:24:19 AM
Subject: [ap-ug] looking for an AP400 Goto mount

I hope I am not violating rules but, I just recently picked up a AP 130EDT f/8 and need a decent mount.  I am hoping I can find a AP-400 Goto if possible.
Anyone know of any available?
I know they are as rare as hen's teeth.

Thx,
Rob

--
Astro-gadfly
New Hampshire

albireo1313@...

I put up an add on Amart already but, no activity.
I figure the AP community might be a better bet.
--
Astro-gadfly
New Hampshire
AP Traveler on Gibralter mount

ROBERT WYNNE

Rob- Good luck. With A-P products posted on Astro Mart they only last a few hours or perhaps a day. Also, keep an eye open for auctions on Astro Mart as opposed to the classifieds. I have been in the market for a late model AltAz mount for over a year and can't count the times I've been beaten out of a sale due the fact I live in CA and posts are made primarily on the East Coast which transacted while I was asleep. That said I have made some very good acquisitions on AM which I attribute to the luck of the draw or just good timing. -Best, Robert

On 06/02/2021 5:24 AM albireo1313@... wrote:

I hope I am not violating rules but, I just recently picked up a AP 130EDT f/8 and need a decent mount.  I am hoping I can find a AP-400 Goto if possible.
Anyone know of any available?
I know they are as rare as hen's teeth.

Thx,
Rob

--
Astro-gadfly
New Hampshire
AP Traveler on Gibralter mount

Christopher Erickson

I think a used Mach1 would be a better fit for that scope.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021, 8:44 AM ROBERT WYNNE <robert-wynne@...> wrote:
[...]

Alan

Having used an AP130 GT on both an AP400  QMD and a Mach 1, I would agree.

To me, the Mach1 is a perfect match for the AP130 GT, and, I suspect, for the 130EDT f/8.

Clear skies, Alan

On 6/2/2021 2:58 PM, Christopher Erickson wrote:
[...]

M Hambrick

Rob

There is one on eBay available for local pickup only in California. Be careful though. It has been there a while which means that there may be some problems with it, maybe missing some parts.

Mike

Jeffc

I'm not sure if the ebay post is the same as the CL post below.. IIRC there was an ebay post where the pictures looked the same, but I'm not finding any 400s on ebay at the moment.

This one seems like it may have been from a storage locker "contents purchase".   This one is a QMD... and I suspect what you see is what you would get.

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 12:16 PM M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...> wrote:
Rob

There is one on eBay available for local pickup only in California. Be careful though. It has been there a while which means that there may be some problems with it, maybe missing some parts.

Mike

albireo1313@...

Do you think a GM-8 could hold the 130EDT well, if it is on a Losmandy G11 tripod?
--
Astro-gadfly
New Hampshire
AP Traveler on Gibralter mount

Dave Greenblatt

That is the set up I have used for several years.

G11 Tripod with a DM6 mount for basic observing.

G8 on a G11 tripod for the occasional photo op.

The G8 tripod with my  AP130 IMHO is barely solid enough for casual observing

Dave Greenblatt

Wilmington DE