Jupiter 9/11 with AP 10" F/14.6 Mak

thefamily90 Phillips

Not a great image but at least I was out there battling the humidity and mosquitoes, LOL!

JimP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Jim Phillips

Stuart

Better than anything I've taken of Jupiter - good on you Jim!

On Sun, 12 Sept 2021 at 19:54, thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...> wrote:

Not a great image but at least I was out there battling the humidity and mosquitoes, LOL!

JimP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Jim Phillips

Howard Gao

It’s a single frame photo right? Great shot.

Pete Lardizabal

I love it Jim!

Pete

On Sep 12, 2021, at 7:54 PM, thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...> wrote:

Not a great image but at least I was out there battling the humidity and mosquitoes, LOL!

JimP

<DED4F50AC19C4A2695225B54507999D6.png>

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Jim Phillips

thefamily90 Phillips

Not a great image but at least I was out there battling the humidity and mosquitoes, LOL!

JimP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Jim Phillips

--
Jim Phillips

thefamily90 Phillips

Thanks Pete. You are too kind.

JimP

Not a great image but at least I was out there battling the humidity and mosquitoes, LOL!

JimP

<DED4F50AC19C4A2695225B54507999D6.png>

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Jim Phillips

--
Jim Phillips

ROBERT WYNNE

Good shot. Both Jupiter and Saturn have been at 45 degrees around 10:00 pm which makes viewing a pleasure especially since the temperature has been in the high 60's with low humidity. Jupiter  also appears quite large about 1/4th the moon. -Best, Robert

On 09/12/2021 4:54 PM thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...> wrote:

Not a great image but at least I was out there battling the humidity and mosquitoes, LOL!

JimP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Jim Phillips

ROBERT WYNNE

Forgot to ask. Is the GRS shown in reverse? -Best, Robert

On 09/12/2021 4:54 PM thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...> wrote:

Not a great image but at least I was out there battling the humidity and mosquitoes, LOL!

JimP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Jim Phillips

Ross Elkins

Nice one Jim! I’m getting ready for the Reno air races next weekend with some moon shots tonight and a little help from Pete on which end of this to look through!!!

Ross

thefamily90 Phillips

Beautiful scope!

Jim

Nice one Jim! I’m getting ready for the Reno air races next weekend with some moon shots tonight and a little help from Pete on which end of this to look through!!!

Ross

--
Jim Phillips

thefamily90 Phillips

I imaged through a diagonal.

JimP

Forgot to ask. Is the GRS shown in reverse? -Best, Robert
On 09/12/2021 4:54 PM thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...> wrote:

Not a great image but at least I was out there battling the humidity and mosquitoes, LOL!

JimP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Jim Phillips

--
Jim Phillips

thefamily90 Phillips

No, I had not imaged in so long I had almost forgotten how to do it! I wish it had come out better because of being taken on 9/11. I may use it to try to do a pastel drawing as I visually observe for the first hour and a half beginning before the GRS became visible. I love the visual aspect of Jupiter and colors seem pastel to me.

Jumpy

It’s a single frame photo right? Great shot.

--
Jim Phillips

thefamily90 Phillips

A new nickname! Not JimP, Jumpy!

It’s a single frame photo right? Great shot.

--
Jim Phillips

W Hilmo

Not astronomy related, but we're hitting the road from Washington State tomorrow to head to Reno for the air races.  It's an annual event for us, and we're happy to be heading back after it was cancelled last year.

On 9/12/21 6:59 PM, Ross Elkins wrote:
Nice one Jim! I’m getting ready for the Reno air races next weekend with some moon shots tonight and a little help from Pete on which end of this to look through!!!

Ross

Attachments:
image0.jpeg: https://ap-ug.groups.io/g/main/attachment/86866/0

Roland Christen

Hi Jim,

There's actually quite good detail in the image, but the three color channels are not lined up due to atmospheric refraction. I took your image and re-aligned the planes and this is the result:

Not a great image but at least I was out there battling the humidity and mosquitoes, LOL!

JimP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Jim Phillips

ROBERT WYNNE

Check out the moon. What an improvement. -Best, Robert

On 09/13/2021 8:44 AM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Hi Jim,

There's actually quite good detail in the image, but the three color channels are not lined up due to atmospheric refraction. I took your image and re-aligned the planes and this is the result:

Not a great image but at least I was out there battling the humidity and mosquitoes, LOL!

JimP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Jim Phillips

thefamily90 Phillips

I agree!

So, does anyone know where channels are located on Photoshop?

Jim