IC 5146 The Cocoon

John Jennings

Shot this last night with the AP155. There was a high haze over Texas so I experimented with an IDAS LPS D3 color filter on my QHY268C camera. It really helped with CCDInspector contrast ratio figures. My astrobin description has more specifics. Just noticed a little tilt in the flattener. It's a 2 day trek to the west Texas remote site to fix without any amenities. It will probably remain that way for a couple of weeks or until it drives me crazy.

https://astrob.in/nwwyvz/0/

John

Stuart

Super shot John! Framing, colour, contrast, all excellent!!

On Sun, 12 Sept 2021 at 15:24, John Jennings <johnrogerjennings@...> wrote:
Shot this last night with the AP155. There was a high haze over Texas so I experimented with an IDAS LPS D3 color filter on my QHY268C camera. It really helped with CCDInspector contrast ratio figures. My astrobin description has more specifics. Just noticed a little tilt in the flattener. It's a 2 day trek to the west Texas remote site to fix without any amenities. It will probably remain that way for a couple of weeks or until it drives me crazy.

https://astrob.in/nwwyvz/0/

John

skester@...

Beautiful shot John, great color on the nebula.

Roland Christen

Pretty darn nice image.