Glaspath

thefamily90 Phillips

Just purchased a Mark V Binoviewer from astro Physics.  It comes with a 1.25X glass path corrector installed with others available. Baader has a 1.8 X glass path corrector made especially for refractors and Schmidt-Cassegrains which is sold on the AP website. If I want to use it with my Mark V do I need to remove the 1.25X corrector already in the Binoviewer?

JimP

Get Outlook for iOS

--
Jim Phillips

George

Jim,

Yes, remove the 1.25x compensator.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Just purchased a Mark V Binoviewer from astro Physics.  It comes with a 1.25X glass path corrector installed with others available. Baader has a 1.8 X glass path corrector made especially for refractors and Schmidt-Cassegrains which is sold on the AP website. If I want to use it with my Mark V do I need to remove the 1.25X corrector already in the Binoviewer?

JimP

Get Outlook for iOS

--
Jim Phillips

Richard Hennig

Dear Jim,

Yes, you only need one of the correctors in the binoviewer.

Clear skies,
Richard

—
Richard G. Hennig
Professor and Alumni Professor of Materials Science and Engineering
Associate Director, Quantum Theory Project
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Florida
Email: rhennig@...
Web: http://hennig.mse.ufl.edu

On Jul 14, 2021, at 1:10 PM, thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...> wrote:

Just purchased a Mark V Binoviewer from astro Physics.  It comes with a 1.25X glass path corrector installed with others available. Baader has a 1.8 X glass path corrector made especially for refractors and Schmidt-Cassegrains which is sold on the AP website. If I want to use it with my Mark V do I need to remove the 1.25X corrector already in the Binoviewer?

JimP

Get Outlook for iOS

--
Jim Phillips

wes Bolin

The other responses are correct.  But, one time I accidentally left the 2.6X corrector in place and installed my 1.7X corrector.  Wow!  When focused, Jupiter looked like a
basketball!.....
FYI the best way is one at a time, but we can still play with multiple correctors and Barlows for the fun of it.
Wes