From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Nelson via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2022 8:37 PM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Subject: [ap-ug] Ghosts of Cassiopeia

Hello All,

Like Chris, I have been working on the Ghosts of Cassiopeia, although with very different, old-school equipment; two Astro-modded Canon DSLRs (5DII with 500mm f/4L and 60D with Radian 61) controlled by intervelometers and double-mounted on my vintage 900HDA with no guiding and no computer control. When I was able to do 180 second exposures after adjusting the mesh, I decided to give this region a try using a combination of both cameras and RGB subs and narrowband subs captured with duo-narrowband filters (IDAS NBZ in 500mm f/4L and l-eNhance in Radian 61) and integrating them together. Captured in my front yard in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, mid-Bortle 4, during dark skies the at end of August/first of September. Stacked and saved with a stretch in Astro Pixel Processor, edited in Starnet++ V2, Lightroom, and some layer combinations in Photoshop. Attached is a low-resolution file and a link to AstroBin. Hopefully this doesn't look too bad next to Chris' beautiful work.

AstreoBin:
https://astrob.in/p1tds1/0/

Roland Christen

Excellent result considering the equipment used and the short exposures.