Crescent and the Soap Bubble

Alex

I originally shot the Crescent this summer, but was before I received a custom adapter from Precise Parts to let me use my field flattener or reducer, so the corner stars weren't great.  I didn't know about the soap bubble before, so I decided to reshoot it with the reducer and frame it to include the bubble.  Five and a half hours of OIII and you can only just make it out.  I do love the OIII envelope around the nebula.  It looks like it has it's shields up.

https://www.astrobin.com/kjieov/

Alex

Eric Weiner

Very nice Alex

Stuart

Love it! Tough to get the Soap Bubble. You nailed it!

Stuart

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 8:52 PM Alex <groups@...> wrote:

I originally shot the Crescent this summer, but was before I received a custom adapter from Precise Parts to let me use my field flattener or reducer, so the corner stars weren't great.  I didn't know about the soap bubble before, so I decided to reshoot it with the reducer and frame it to include the bubble.  Five and a half hours of OIII and you can only just make it out.  I do love the OIII envelope around the nebula.  It looks like it has it's shields up.

https://www.astrobin.com/kjieov/

Alex

Roland Christen

That's kinda magnificent. Huge field, nicely framed, and sharp.