CP3 without hand controller startup

Walter

If I have the  CP3 set to NO Auto-Connect when powered up the hand controller ask to enter location <1-9> then Sync, Align, and Resume Menu. I would enter 1 for location then 3 for resume last position.
My question is if the hand controller is not connected is there any way to have the mount start using the COM ports commands?
Don't see anything the the protocol-G doc.

Liam Plybon

Howdy,

The CP3 will read commands sent through the keypad port as well as the two serial ports, using 9600 baud 8N1. You don’t need to enable the com ports on the CP3; they are always ready to receive commands as long as CP3 is powered.

To start mount motion, you will need to send a set of commands that initialize the unit, and unpark the mount. The document on our website describes this initialization sequence as well as the commands to unpark the mount; you can find them here.

https://astro-physics.info/tech_support/mounts/protocol-cp3-cp4.pdf

Liam Plybon

Astro-Physics Inc.