Topics

Celestial Fireworks

Roland Christen

With the lousy weather this February I decided to reprocess a couple of images taken back in 2011. Can't get decent skies this week or next according to long term weather outlook.
This image was taken with my original 10" F14.6 Mak-Cass. Who says you have to shoot at F5 to get anything. This is with my old STL11K camera, which is still working great.

https://www.astrobin.com/n5nn5a/

Nice! I didn’t realize your Mak was in orbit. That is space telescope kind of sharp!

Stuart

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 7:57 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
With the lousy weather this February I decided to reprocess a couple of images taken back in 2011. Can't get decent skies this week or next according to long term weather outlook.
This image was taken with my original 10" F14.6 Mak-Cass. Who says you have to shoot at F5 to get anything. This is with my old STL11K camera, which is still working great.

“BAM!”

On Feb 22, 2021, at 7:57 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

With the lousy weather this February I decided to reprocess a couple of images taken back in 2011. Can't get decent skies this week or next according to long term weather outlook.
This image was taken with my original 10" F14.6 Mak-Cass. Who says you have to shoot at F5 to get anything. This is with my old STL11K camera, which is still working great.

https://www.astrobin.com/n5nn5a/

Rolando,
That is an incredible result, send it to the APOD folks!

Rossmon