Catching up on some photo processing, April - June images

Joel Short

I've been very busy with life and work over the last few months and have put off processing the images I managed to capture during April, May and June.  Thanks to a long July 4 weekend I was able to do some catch up.  Truth be told I probably rushed the processing on some of these...
These images were taken with a few different scopes on my AP1100 GTO.  I just love the fact that I never have to think about the mount...at all.  I just plunk it down on the tripod or pier, spend about 30s polar aligning with the RAPAS and that's it.

Given some recent discussions, I'll also say that these were all taken with an ASI6200MM and ASI2600MC.  But don't judge the camera by the quality (or lack of quality) of these images LOL.

First up is NGC5248, an interesting galaxy in Bootes.  Definitely needed more time on this one:  https://buckeyestargazer.net/Pages/Galaxies/NGC5248.php

Next is the Hercules galaxy cluster Abell 2151.  I had high hopes for this one, too high I think.  I've seen some stunning images of this area that mine just didn't seem to live up to.  We'll say the seeing was bad ;)
https://buckeyestargazer.net/Pages/Galaxies/Abell2151.php

Then there was a quick M13:  https://buckeyestargazer.net/Pages/Clusters/M13.php

Next up is a somewhat wide field of the Tulip Nebaul, Sh2-101 with the CFF tandem refractors.  Unfortunately I have some significant tilt to track down...
https://buckeyestargazer.net/Pages/Nebulae/Sh2-101.php

Finally, I took my AGO iDK to a dark(er) sky location about 45min from home.  Over the course of two nights near the June new moon I captured about 8.5hrs of data on the Eagle Nebula.  I enjoyed processing this one as the data definitely seemed easier to work with.
https://buckeyestargazer.net/Pages/Nebulae/M16.php

Thanks for looking.
joel

Stuart

Joel, these turned out SUPER! Nicely done!

On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 16:10, Joel Short <buckeyestargazer@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Stuart!
joel