ASCOM Connection Problem with Mahc1 GTOCP CP3

Malik AMZIANE

Hello,

I have a connection problem with my Mach1 GTO CP3 on a new computer that I have just configured.
I cannot connect two software at the same time to the mount.
Usually it works very well, I connect SGP first, then PHD2 for the guidance in pulse guiding.

But now I can only do one or the other, if one of the two has already been connected, the second responds that there is a connection or port com problem.

I am attaching a picture with the error message;

On the left in the background, is the first window opened correctly on the SGP connection, on the right a second window which opens when I launch the second connection on PHD.

I checked the drivers and installed the same versions as on my other computers, I changed the USB port, but nothing helped.

thank you in advance for your help.

Malik

George

Malik,

Please review the appropriate connection method in the following link to be sure that you have it correct.   If there is an issue contact me.

https://astro-physics.info/tech_support/mounts/quick-start-workflow-guide.pdf

Also be sure that you are running all applications as a standard user and not as administrator.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

I have a connection problem with my Mach1 GTO CP3 on a new computer that I have just configured.

I cannot connect two software at the same time to the mount.

Usually it works very well, I connect SGP first, then PHD2 for the guidance in pulse guiding.

But now I can only do one or the other, if one of the two has already been connected, the second responds that there is a connection or port com problem.

I am attaching a picture with the error message;

On the left in the background, is the first window opened correctly on the SGP connection, on the right a second window which opens when I launch the second connection on PHD.

I checked the drivers and installed the same versions as on my other computers, I changed the USB port, but nothing helped.

thank you in advance for your help.

Malik

Malik AMZIANE

Hello George

Thank you very much for your answer and the document. I went through it carefully and did the entire installation from 0.
I went around in circles for hours before coming to reread your message and dwell on this sentence:

Also make sure that you are running all applications as standard user and not as administrator.

In fact SGP was set to run automatically as an administrator user ...
Once this box has been unchecked, everything is back to normal ...

Many thanks !

Malik

George

Malik,

You’re most welcome.   I’m pleased that all is working well again.   Enjoy!