From: main@ap-ug.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-ug.groups.io] On Behalf Of Claude Benoit via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2022 4:49 AM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Subject: [ap-ug] APPM and Rotator

I'm thinking of adding a rotator to my kit. I use APPM to do an initial Plate Solve and Recal; after that I rely on
the absolute encoders to take me where I need to go with a tiny plate solve in TheSkyX to land. If I rotate a bit
to frame an object how would that impact my APPM Calibration and would TheSkyX still land on the next
object I slewed to? I'm guessing I should do another APPM Plate Solve and Recal then everything should be
fine; but just checking.

Thanks in advance for your time and reply.
Claude

Claude Benoit

Thank you Ray.
Claude