AP92 f/6.65 without flattener

alan.dang@...

Just for fun, I tried shooting my Stowaway without a flattener to see how the field curvature would be with a 24x36mm (35mm full frame) sensor.  For postcard "web" viewing, the curvature was much lower than I expected!  Seeing wasn't great today and I think I was slightly out of focus since the center stars look somewhat bloated (although there are some pin-point stars a little bit off center).

I thought this would be a visual-only scope, but it's much smaller than I expected and I can see it being a fun travel scope for photography.

John Jennings

If you focus on a star 1/2 way to a diagonal corner, you might get something a lot more acceptable overall. I use focus offsets all the time even with a flattener.

John