Stowaway ,8 reducer and iOptron CEM26

Kurt

Sold my Tak EM-200 last fall and got an iOptron CEM26. Doing 2 minute exposures with the .8 reducer I am no longer having to guide.  Now I have a lightweight scope and mount I can easily just pick up and carry outside, polar align, and start shooting. These 2 images are cropped, but in the full size the stars are perfectly round to the edges of the Canon SL3.  Could not be happier to still be able to do this stuff at 73.

Wizard last night from Redmond
https://www.astrobin.com/full/7h9pcj/0/

Eagle Tuesday night from Table Mt Star Party

Stuart

Kurt, two great images to go with a great story! Congrats on dialing in your mobile rig!

On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 at 17:20, Kurt <kurtfriedrich@...> wrote:
Sold my Tak EM-200 last fall and got an iOptron CEM26. Doing 2 minute exposures with the .8 reducer I am no longer having to guide.  Now I have a lightweight scope and mount I can easily just pick up and carry outside, polar align, and start shooting. These 2 images are cropped, but in the full size the stars are perfectly round to the edges of the Canon SL3.  Could not be happier to still be able to do this stuff at 73.

Wizard last night from Redmond
https://www.astrobin.com/full/7h9pcj/0/

Eagle Tuesday night from Table Mt Star Party

Roland Christen

Nice work! At 73 you're still a youngster.

Sold my Tak EM-200 last fall and got an iOptron CEM26. Doing 2 minute exposures with the .8 reducer I am no longer having to guide.  Now I have a lightweight scope and mount I can easily just pick up and carry outside, polar align, and start shooting. These 2 images are cropped, but in the full size the stars are perfectly round to the edges of the Canon SL3.  Could not be happier to still be able to do this stuff at 73.

Wizard last night from Redmond
https://www.astrobin.com/full/7h9pcj/0/

Eagle Tuesday night from Table Mt Star Party

Pete Lardizabal

Nice work Kurt!

On Jul 30, 2022, at 5:20 PM, Kurt <kurtfriedrich@...> wrote:

Sold my Tak EM-200 last fall and got an iOptron CEM26. Doing 2 minute exposures with the .8 reducer I am no longer having to guide.  Now I have a lightweight scope and mount I can easily just pick up and carry outside, polar align, and start shooting. These 2 images are cropped, but in the full size the stars are perfectly round to the edges of the Canon SL3.  Could not be happier to still be able to do this stuff at 73.

Wizard last night from Redmond
https://www.astrobin.com/full/7h9pcj/0/

Eagle Tuesday night from Table Mt Star Party

ROBERT WYNNE

Wow! Check out those round stars. -Best, Robert