New Image: Sh2 112 in NB + RGB with my AP155

Stuart

The full NB + RGB is the top image and under that is the pure RGB which I thought turned out pretty good for 4.5 hours (pause for laughter; there being a time when a one-hour film shot was some kind of endurance record).

Camera: Moravian G4 (16803) w Astrodon Gen II filters
Scope: AP155 EDF
RGB 9/9/9 x 10 minutes = 4.5 hours
SII / H-Alpha / OIII  16 / 12  / 18 x 20 min = 12 hours

Pete Lardizabal

Beauty Stuart!

Is that some type of insect/crustacean at the lower right side?

😉

Pete

On May 12, 2022, at 7:54 PM, Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...> wrote:

The full NB + RGB is the top image and under that is the pure RGB which I thought turned out pretty good for 4.5 hours (pause for laughter; there being a time when a one-hour film shot was some kind of endurance record).

Camera: Moravian G4 (16803) w Astrodon Gen II filters
Scope: AP155 EDF
RGB 9/9/9 x 10 minutes = 4.5 hours
SII / H-Alpha / OIII  16 / 12  / 18 x 20 min = 12 hours

Ray

Awesome image Stuart!  Love the details

Ray

Chris Cook

I'm not really a fan of NB images but this is very well done Stuart!
Thumbs up!

The full NB + RGB is the top image and under that is the pure RGB which I thought turned out pretty good for 4.5 hours (pause for laughter; there being a time when a one-hour film shot was some kind of endurance record).

Camera: Moravian G4 (16803) w Astrodon Gen II filters
Scope: AP155 EDF
RGB 9/9/9 x 10 minutes = 4.5 hours
SII / H-Alpha / OIII  16 / 12  / 18 x 20 min = 12 hours

Ross Elkins

Very very nice, Stuart!

Joel Short

Very nice as always Stuart.  I love the color of the RGB and the detail of the narrowband.
joel

Stuart

Pete, Ray, Chris, Ross and Joel  -  thanks!!!

Pete - I think you're on to something! We need a name for it. Ant Lion Dark Nebula?

Ray and Chris, I agree we see more in the NB version but I find NB images really hard to look at even when they're mine.

On Thu, 12 May 2022 at 20:10, Joel Short <buckeyestargazer@...> wrote:
Very nice as always Stuart.  I love the color of the RGB and the detail of the narrowband.
joel

Chris White

Ooo... really like the pure RGB.  You've really mastered those colors and stars look beautiful.

Stuart

Thanks Chris!!

On Thu, 12 May 2022 at 21:26, Chris White <chris.white@...> wrote:
Ooo... really like the pure RGB.  You've really mastered those colors and stars look beautiful.

Stuart this is just a really beautiful rendition - very sublime. Starfield is wonderful

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 6:34 PM Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...> wrote:
Thanks Chris!!

On Thu, 12 May 2022 at 21:26, Chris White <chris.white@...> wrote:
Ooo... really like the pure RGB.  You've really mastered those colors and stars look beautiful.

Stuart

Brian, you are most kind! Thanks!

--

Arun

Both are nice, but the RGB version really stands out with the very natural colors and subtle transitions. Very well captured and processed!

Stuart

Thank you Arun! I’m partial to natural colour images too. But we can’t ignore the subtle structures that NB show us. So I do both.

Stuart