Photo Rosette stackST.jpeg uploaded #photo-notice

main@ap-ug.groups.io Notification <noreply@...>

The following photos have been uploaded to the JMD Pre ED AP Starfire album of the main@ap-ug.groups.io group.

By: deitzelj

Stuart

Very nice!! What was different about the processing of the two versions?

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 10:46, main@ap-ug.groups.io Notification <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

The following photos have been uploaded to the JMD Pre ED AP Starfire album of the main@ap-ug.groups.io group.

By: deitzelj

deitzelj

Thanks Stuart!  Just an adjustment of the Hue towards the green in the second one, and increasing the brightness.  I confess the whole color management aspect of astrophotography is something that is a work in progress for me:-).  At this point, it is very much pushing levers and seeing what I like.   I use Nebulosity to calibrate images and stack, StarTools to do the basic stretching, gradient adjustment, deconvolution etc... and then one of a number of other programs (Paintshop pro, Astra image, ...) to tweak things.   There is always something more to learn:-).

Cheers!

JMD

Stuart

Got it! The two tools I have used, both with success, to colour calibrate my images are, in Photoshop: eXcalibrator from Bob Franke and in PixInsight, PhotometricColourCalibration.

But, like you, tuning it so it looks good on my screen works just fine for me as often as not.