Photo Rosette stackST.jpeg uploaded #photo-notice

main@ap-ug.groups.io Notification <noreply@...>

The following photos have been uploaded to the JMD Pre ED AP Starfire album of the main@ap-ug.groups.io group.

By: deitzelj

Stuart

Very nice!! What was different about the processing of the two versions?

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 10:46, main@ap-ug.groups.io Notification <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

The following photos have been uploaded to the JMD Pre ED AP Starfire album of the main@ap-ug.groups.io group.

By: deitzelj

deitzelj

Thanks Stuart!  Just an adjustment of the Hue towards the green in the second one, and increasing the brightness.  I confess the whole color management aspect of astrophotography is something that is a work in progress for me:-).  At this point, it is very much pushing levers and seeing what I like.   I use Nebulosity to calibrate images and stack, StarTools to do the basic stretching, gradient adjustment, deconvolution etc... and then one of a number of other programs (Paintshop pro, Astra image, ...) to tweak things.   There is always something more to learn:-). 

Cheers!

JMD

Stuart

Got it! The two tools I have used, both with success, to colour calibrate my images are, in Photoshop: eXcalibrator from Bob Franke and in PixInsight, PhotometricColourCalibration.

But, like you, tuning it so it looks good on my screen works just fine for me as often as not.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 17:01, deitzelj via groups.io <deitzelj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Stuart!  Just an adjustment of the Hue towards the green in the second one, and increasing the brightness.  I confess the whole color management aspect of astrophotography is something that is a work in progress for me:-).  At this point, it is very much pushing levers and seeing what I like.   I use Nebulosity to calibrate images and stack, StarTools to do the basic stretching, gradient adjustment, deconvolution etc... and then one of a number of other programs (Paintshop pro, Astra image, ...) to tweak things.   There is always something more to learn:-). 

Cheers!

JMD