Re: Observing and imaging with the AP92mm and Daystar Quark Chromosphere Eyepiece.

Jeff Ball Gmail

Thank you Chris. My friend, Brent Maynard, used his modified Canon RP on the quark. Of course there is a large amount of vignetting with the larger chip, but it did work. The focus was not that different from my ASI174mm. He captured live video direct from the camera and still images while using the ASI AIR PLUS and an iPad. He is building a new house and hasn’t had time to process the data. I will share if and when he processes. Thanks again and have a great day.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 10:03 AM Chris Cook <chris@...> wrote:
I always enjoy your videos.  Can a DSLR or MLIC camera be adapted to the Quark for imaging?

From: Jeff Ball Gmail <jeffballphoto@...>
Sent: 8/15/2022 4:45:45 AM
Subject: [ap-ug] Observing and imaging with the AP92mm and Daystar Quark Chromosphere Eyepiece.

Hello APUG.
Some of you expressed interest in hydrogen alpha observing/imaging with the Daystar Quark Chromosphere Eyepiece and the AP 92mm and in my latest video I review my experience from the past 8 months with this setup.

Have a look and let me know what you think. I have thoroughly enjoyed this setup and the Sun has really delivered.
Clear skies.

Solar Observing and Imaging with the Daystar Quark Chromosphere Eyepiece

Traditional warning about the risk to your eyesight that is possible when observing the Sun without proper filtration.
--
Sincerely,
Jeff Ball

--