Re: Stowaway, 92TCC and corner stars

Bill Long

The Astronomik filters have been great. Both the Deep Sky RGB line, the Luminance (L2 in my case), and the MaxFR line. I have not used any other filters of theirs though. I think there are other brands that are 1mm that have all sorts of halo and field artifact problems, mostly with their narrowband filters.

I have a set of the 3mm thick Chroma filters as well, and I have not seen much of a quality difference. Those are 3nm narrowband filters, which have some benefits over the 6nm ones in some cases. The color filters, I see no difference at all with.

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Chris White <chris.white@...>
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2022 3:13 PM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Stowaway, 92TCC and corner stars

The good news is that all of the problems you've seen in 1mm thick filters were eliminated with the newest astronomk line.

Bill is using these filters with his epsilon and shared a recent ic1396 image he made. I'd challenge anyone to find anything deficient in the data that is filter related.

He also shared a broadband image made with these newer astronomik filters and the same scope. Again, no filter artifacts.

Sorry for the tangent.

Ultimately it was to make the point that for a 1mm thick filter you only need to add 0.33 mm of additional spacing.