Re: Stowaway, 92TCC and corner stars

Roland Christen

I have seen some strange artifacts in images taken by similar 1mm thick filters. I don't understand the point of making filters that thin. All the filters that I have used over many years are 3mm and none of them have ghost images or weird artifacts. Even the cheap ZWO filters that I'm using with their 6200 camera work well, except for the fact that they are not 3nm bandpass.

From: Henry Kwok <henry.ck.kwok@...>
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Aug 5, 2022 4:24 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Stowaway, 92TCC and corner stars

I can attest to the quality of astronomik filters, which are 1mm thick. I use them as a much cheaper alternative to pricier ones delivering >95% of the performance. It does make it a pain to adjust for back focus as I have to add 0.3 mm - and because it is not in mm increment I always have to resort to some kind of shims.