Re: Stowaway, 92TCC and corner stars

Roland Christen

Those cover glasses are 3mm thick. 1mm glass is extremely hard to polish flat. It's like trying to polish a potato chip. I have 3mm thick filters on my cameras.

From: Emilio J. Robau, P.E. <ejr@...>
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Aug 4, 2022 9:30 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Stowaway, 92TCC and corner stars

Chris,

We have been reading the same threads.  The two items Roland points out that are interesting is the glass for the chamber cover and the glass on the chip itslf.  I thought of those but I didn't if you know what I mean because I think this is the first time I have focused on those pieces of glass.  Are they really 1mm thick?  We may be splitting hairs here and the point is that your adjustment mibht be a little further than the spec?   How about on the short side?  Anyone coming up consistently short?  I keep having to add just a little to the back spacing spec.