Re: [ap-gto] [ap-ug] The Beast is heading to Hawaii..

thefamily90 Phillips

Me as well!!

JimP

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of James Stone <jrs7r@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 7:58:43 AM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>; p14@... <p14@...>
Cc: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] [ap-ug] The Beast is heading to Hawaii..

For what it’s worth, I’ve seen some pretty impressive imaging recently coming from an RH305 / IMX455 chip combo. Seems like that is a well-matched configuration. Looking forward to seeing future images from the RH305’s Hawaii travels.

From: <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of "Roland Christen via groups.io" <chris1011@...>
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 11:36 PM
To: James Stone <jrs7r@...>, "main@ap-ug.groups.io" <main@ap-ug.groups.io>, "p14@..." <p14@...>
Cc: "main@ap-gto.groups.io" <main@ap-gto.groups.io>

Don't know yest. Most probably a full frame 35mm CMOS at some point.

From: <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of "Roland Christen via groups.io" <chris1011@...>
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 7:35 PM
To: "p14@..." <p14@...>, "main@ap-ug.groups.io" <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Cc: "main@ap-gto.groups.io" <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] The Beast is heading to Hawaii..

We have excellent transparency at our observatory and the sky is really dark. The seeing (star scintillation) is not always good, but the Honders is a medium focal length scope (1160mm) so it is ideal for semi-wide field objects. I intend to go extremely deep with it and will be using the fast optics to gather detail in very faint structures.