Re: [ap-gto] [ap-ug] The Beast is heading to Hawaii..

Roland Christen

Don't know yest. Most probably a full frame 35mm CMOS at some point.

From: James Stone <jrs7r@...>
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>; p14@... <p14@...>
Cc: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Oct 13, 2021 6:45 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] [ap-ug] The Beast is heading to Hawaii..

Can’t wait to see the images. What do you plan on using for an imaging train?

From: <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of "Roland Christen via groups.io" <chris1011@...>
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 7:35 PM
To: "p14@..." <p14@...>, "main@ap-ug.groups.io" <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Cc: "main@ap-gto.groups.io" <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] The Beast is heading to Hawaii..

We have excellent transparency at our observatory and the sky is really dark. The seeing (star scintillation) is not always good, but the Honders is a medium focal length scope (1160mm) so it is ideal for semi-wide field objects. I intend to go extremely deep with it and will be using the fast optics to gather detail in very faint structures.