Re: The Beast is heading to Hawaii..

Christopher Erickson

I just went to Spain for NASA/SwRI and it was 5.5 hours from Kona to SF, 5.5 hours from SF to Newark and 7.5 hours from Newark to Madrid.

I think the distance from Kona to SF is pretty darn close to the distance from SF to Newark.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021, 10:54 AM ROBERT WYNNE <robert-wynne@...> wrote:
It's a funny kind of situation for the to and from Hawaii. The distance between the west coast and Hawaii is less than between San Francisco and the east coast. Most people think of Hawaii as a remote destination but it's the opposite situation and think shipping costs to Hawaii might be higher than from coast to coast in the continental US. -Best, Robert
On 10/13/2021 12:37 PM James Stone <jrs7r@...> wrote:

Having recently acquired a scope from Hawaii, I have learned you can ship by FedEx “ground” to/from Hawaii, and it’s pretty close to the air delivery options, given the paucity of currently available courier trucks that cross the Pacific Ocean. 

On Oct 13, 2021, at 3:30 PM, Chris Cook <chris@...> wrote:

If going by ship it might take a while for delivery.
Might want to go by air instead.

Chris

----- Original Message -----
Reply-To: <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
To: <main@ap-gto.groups.io>, <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Sent: 10/13/2021 3:22:45 PM
Subject: [ap-ug] The Beast is heading to Hawaii..

... where it will gather photons and help to test software and hardware for AP. It has been cloudy here all month with no end in sight, so it is being shipped off to sunnier and warmer climes. My beautiful model is there for perspective to show just how big it is: 1600 mount with 120lb of counterweight and 305mm F3.8 Honders astrograph. Solid as a rock on its ATS pier. Hope to get some images in the coming week.

Rolando

<dummyfile.0.part>

Join main@ap-ug.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.