Re: California Nebula in SHO

Chris Cook

Really nice shot! Almost 3D looking.

From: Alex <groups@...>
To: <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Sent: 10/12/2021 6:31:51 PM
Subject: [ap-ug] California Nebula in SHO

So this is my first time imaging my home state's namesake nebula.  I took a bit of RGB for the stars.  I'm testing out Russell Croman's new StarXTerminator plugin for PixInsight, and it does a much better job of removing stars than starnet.  It's considerably faster as well.

I was originally intending to orient this upright like a CA map, but I'm not a fan of images with this skinny aspect ratio in a portrait orientation and I didn't want to crop anything.  Now had I done a mosaic or sprung for the full frame QHY600 and had more to work with, I probably would have.

Alex

https://astrob.in/3dehns/0/