Re: California Nebula in SHO

Stuart

Lovely shot Alex!!!

On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 at 18:31, Alex <groups@...> wrote:
So this is my first time imaging my home state's namesake nebula.  I took a bit of RGB for the stars.  I'm testing out Russell Croman's new StarXTerminator plugin for PixInsight, and it does a much better job of removing stars than starnet.  It's considerably faster as well.

I was originally intending to orient this upright like a CA map, but I'm not a fan of images with this skinny aspect ratio in a portrait orientation and I didn't want to crop anything.  Now had I done a mosaic or sprung for the full frame QHY600 and had more to work with, I probably would have.

Alex

https://astrob.in/3dehns/0/