Re: Thor's Hammer

Bill Long

Raises hand. ­čÖé

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>
Sent: Friday, October 1, 2021 8:20 PM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Thor's Hammer

Now who has one or two of those 16803 chip cameras? Oh wait! I do!

On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 at 23:16, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yup. I have an F8 version that we made here with quartz optics. It was designed for large format imagers like the 16803.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Oct 1, 2021 10:09 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Thor's Hammer

Wow! VERY sharp and contrasty! Nicely done!

Like Pete said, you got any other treasures lying around? That maybe need a home?

On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 at 22:34, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
At least that's what I call it, the outstretched hand and hammer in the neck of the Pelican Nebula, also known as IC 5070. It appears next to a cliff with what looks like a waterfall:

Testing out an older 12" F12.5 Mak-Cass which we built about 15 years ago but never put to use or sold. The mirror and corrector lens optics were made by Intes Micro when they were still operating. They are zero-expansion Sital. The rest of the mechanical parts were fabricated here. The tube is carbon fiber.

To take the image I added a CCD67 telecompressor in order to get a larger field. I took it in one night with just over 2 hours of H-a narrowband. It really needs longer exposure.

Rolando

Join main@ap-ug.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.