Re: Forum etiquette question

ROBERT WYNNE

In a prior post I intended bannana and with no reference to any in the group. Just a reference to an odd critter that a group of people use as a unifying logo for thier organization. -Best, Robert

On 09/28/2021 2:47 PM ROBERT WYNNE <robert-wynne@...> wrote:

In Ca we have the bannan slug as the mascot for UCSC. -Best, Robert
On 09/28/2021 3:12 AM Richard Hennig <richardghennig@...> wrote:

Also, since we just talked in another thread about what certain acronyms might mean, NUTS might be an acronym. “Night Under The Stars” comes to mind. I think “Astro-Nuts” is an endearing term, but I worked at Ohio State University for some time where everybody is referred to as a Buckeye, which is even a poisonous nut. However, I understand if some of us feel a bit uncomfortable being called a nut.

Cheers,
Richard

On Sep 27, 2021, at 9:53 PM, John Nassr via groups.io <jnassr2010@...> wrote:

Astro-nuts. Nuts are good for you.

John

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 09:37:15 AM GMT+8, Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:

Its what her dad calls us. I think its charming.

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Ross Elkins <rossmon1@...>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 6:29 PM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Forum etiquette question

Hi Karen,

I don’t know the long term history of the expression Astro-Nuts but it would seem to me time to elevate it by write in suggestions, polls etc. What do you think? I know that i always resented on some level being id’d as a geek, nerd or whatever for being an electronics/computer pro and it would seem that we could come up with a better description for amateur to pro astronomers! At least let’s please think it over!

Ross

Join main@ap-ug.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.