Re: Camera advice

Stuart

Christopher, I bought the Nikon Z6ii and it is indeed a superb camera.

On Fri, 24 Sept 2021 at 23:28, Christopher Erickson <christopher.k.erickson@...> wrote:
My vote is for the full-frame, mirrorless, Nikon Z6ii. Unmodified.

The most fun I have EVER had with an SLR/dSLR/Mirrorless doing casual astro.

And I can use all of my old Nikon F lenses and even my Canon EF lenses on it.

Nikon AF-S = all modes and features work on the Z cams.
Nikon AF = all modes and features except autofocus work on the Z cams.
Nikon Ai = full aperture manual focusing, aperture priority automatic exposure.
Nikon A manual = Manual focusing, manual aperture, aperture priority automatic exposure.
Canon EF = Manual focusing, manual aperture, aperture priority automatic exposure.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, Hawaii

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 5:09 PM Kurt <kurtfriedrich@...> wrote:
About to buy a Canon DSLR, not a full frame,  and have Hap remove the IR filter.  Looking at B&H, I see these choices in my price range:
Canon EOS Rebel SL3 DSLR Camera $599.99
Canon EOS Rebel T8i DSLR Camera  $749.99
Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera $899.00
Canon EOS 90D DSLR Camera  $1,199.00

I will be using it with my AP Stowaway ( 92mm f/6.65), I think all I care about is
 - ability to focus using the camera back
 - effective low noise/ high ISO
 - ability to use my  Canon TC-80N3 Timer Remote (with cable adapter) that I use on my current Canon EOS Rebel SL1 DSLR

I would love comments about which one would be best.  I don't want to go mirror-less as I want to also use my Canon lenses and my 2 old Nikon lenses (already on Canon adapters), but please let me know if you think that is a mistake.

Thanks all.