Re: IC1396 Garnet Star Nebula in Hubble Palette

ROBERT WYNNE

This revision reveals many more stars in the void. -Best, Robert

On 09/21/2021 3:26 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Also known as the Elephant Trunk

https://www.astrobin.com/g0bpv3/C/

This is the last object that I will be imaging with the 10" F6.3 Astrograph. Although the detail came out quite well, the stars were messed up by Topaz de-noise program. I may re-process this object at some point because the stars really were perfect in the original frames, but the lack of 20 to 40 hours of OIII and SII made it necessary to de-noise them.

My next scope will be a 70 lb 12" Astrograph system which will go on the Mach2 for more torture. I'm confident that the mount will handle it just fine.