Re: New Image: Sh2 79 in HaRGB with the AP155

Stuart

Thanks Chris! I agree, the H-Alpha really makes it work. Otherwise pretty drab (other than pretty stars).

On Wed, 15 Sept 2021 at 09:43, Chris Cook <chris@...> wrote:
The star colors in the RGB are super but the Ha just pops with these paint targets.

From: Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>
To: <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Sent: 9/12/2021 9:58:55 AM
Subject: [ap-ug] New Image: Sh2 79 in HaRGB with the AP155

This is almost a snapshot compared to the previous Sharpless objects I posted.

15x20min H-Alpha - a mere 5 hours!
12/6/6x10min RGB
AP155/MoravianG4/ParamountMX

With only six subs in Green and Blue it was noisier than I wished and even the h-alpha, needing to be stretched HARD, was noisy. The h-alpha version below the HaRGB has been further processed vs. what was used in the composite. So it might look a little overly smoothed.

Comments / critiques welcome and appreciated as always!