Re: Questoin for Roland: Waited too long to buy 175TCC (discontinued) for my 175EDF....is QUADTCC is as good of a solution.

Edward Beshore

Edited

Robert

Outside of strictly professional applications with unique requirements (for instance, products from companies like e2v), there are few market forces pushing commercial CCD technology to make the technological leap you hope for.  It’s the  large commercial consumer camera market and the desire for better low light performance (among other things) that have made modern CMOS chips so good, as Dale testifies.

Of course, we amateurs will always be ready for the next great thing, but I think if you peruse astrobin for a while, it will be clear that CMOS is capable of performance levels that exceed most of our skill levels.

Respectfully,

Ed Beshore